Here’s a handy checklist every (pro) model needs to have by their side before every shoot!
What to bring
- Nude underwear – A model essential!
- Strapless bra
- Make up wipes – Maybe the make up artist has to leave before the end of the shoot, and you’ll have to take off your own make up.
- Nude colored pantyhose – Not always necessary, but it’s always good to have with you. Photoshopping legs can be a hassle, especially if you have a bruise or wound.
- Lunch – there won’t always be food present at the shoot, so make sure to bring your own lunch and drinks just to be safe!
- An emergency make up kit – sometimes the make up artist can’t make it and then you will have to do it yourself. Or, if your make up gets wiped off after a long day, you can re-apply your daily look.
What to do
- Wash your hair the day before, do not use conditioner – this is what I like for my models, you can always check with the hairstylist what they prefer.
- Do not wear make up – This is all just extra work for the make-up artist who has to wipe everything off before they start.
- Gather phone numbers of the members of your team so you can reach them if something goes wrong or if you are late.
- Shave – Everything. Legs, armpits, and if you will be modeling swimwear, lingerie or the like, shave your bikini area as well.
- Take off your nailpolish – nothing worse than a model with cracked nailpolish and no polish remover at hand.